A historic club with a bright future.
Founded in 1887, Glenageary LTC is one of Ireland’s oldest tennis clubs and offers superb tennis facilities to families and individuals of all ages and all levels of play. We are primarily a family club with a thriving junior section and an outstanding junior coaching programme. Senior members can enjoy both social and competitive tennis and GLTC teams participate in Dublin Lawn Tennis Leagues at all levels from Class 1 to Class 8. GLTC is a very social club, with lots of events throughout the year both on court and in our newly renovated clubhouse and viewing balcony.
Our members enjoy:
- Year-round tennis and social events in a family-friendly environment
- Eight floodlit savanna courts
- Four mini-courts for junior coaching & practice with red & green balls
- Practice Wall
- Top class coaching for Senior & Junior groups of all abilities and individual coaching
- Competitive league tennis at all levels from Class 1 to 8 plus Charity League and Five Mile League.
- Internal competitions for players of all ages and abilities
- Year round Junior coaching and junior development programmes
- Junior summer programme funded by the Club
- Social tennis including weekly Club Night and monthly First Thursday Social Tennis & Supper
- Ladies Morning with free coaching
- Cardio-tennis classes
- Club house with viewing balcony, members room, function room, changing facilities and showers (upgraded 2022)
- On-site car park
Glenageary LTC is a club for members run by members and is led by a volunteer committee. Our Club Manager is Ms. Bridget Whelan. Her working hours are:
You can contact the club
- By post to: Glenageary Lawn Tennis Club, Silchester Road, Glenageary, Co. Dublin
- By phone: 083-1620933
- By e-mail to email@example.com
|Honorary Secretary||Lise Alford|
|Honorary Treasurer||Cathy Black|
|Ladies Captain||Steffi Rogers|
|Ladies Vice-captain||Eilis Blacoe|
|Men’s Vice-captain||Tom Allen|
|Junior Co-ordinator||Marie Harte|
|Facilities & Services||Jim Moylan|
|Social Co-ordinator||Cintia Moylan|
|Female Child Protection Officer||Barbara Simpson|
|Male Child Protection Officer||Steven Tran|
Committee Member Charter
- To act in good faith in what the committee member considers to be in the best interest of the Club.
- To act honestly and responsibly concerning the conduct of the affairs of the Club.
- To act in accordance with the Club’s constitution and exercise his or her powers only in accordance with constitution and best practices in relation to child protection and good governance.
- Not to use the Club’s property, information or opportunities for his or her own or anyone else’s private benefit.
- At all times to exercise his/her independent judgement and not to allow any limitation or restriction on his/her personal judgement.
- To avoid any conflict of interest between the committee member’s duties to the Club and its members and his/her personal interests.
- To exercise the care, skill and diligence which would be exercised in the same circumstances by a reasonable person.
- To have regard to the interests of all of the Club’s members, and have regard to the interests of the Club’s employees.
- To apply for Garda vetting within 30 days of joining the committee and to obtain Garda vetting and Tennis Ireland clearance within 3 months of joining the committee. There will be no exceptions granted.
- To complete child protection training set out in the GLTC Child Protection policies within 3 months of joining the committee.
Join the Club
Due to a high level of demand in recent months we are unable to offer any new memberships at the moment. We have been operating a waiting list which is now closed. This situation may change in the coming months and when the waiting list is open we will publish this on the website.
Subscriptions and Entrance fees for year ending December 2022
|Membership Status||Subscription||Entrance Fee|
|ADULT FAMILY MEMBERSHIP||€1050||€355|
|YOUNG ADULT (18-23)||€245||€95|
|AUXILIARY (Non playing member)||€125||€0|